Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bio of Stephanie Fish


Hi, I am Stephanie Fish. I have been a member of Wooster Grace Brethren Church for many years. My husband, Jim, and I have each been very involved over the years with Sunday School classes, choir, outreaches, mission trips, bible studies, and men's/women's groups and activities. Currently, I have been enjoying the Beth Moore study on Esther, participating in our "ladies night out" -which involves a lot of international ladies, and Women of Grace ministry. Jim is teaching a SS class on Sun mornings, mentoring a young man during the week, and getting ready to go on another mission trip to Central African Republic in March. We both are on the International Task Force, leading The Truth Project study, and help out with outreaches when we can. Plus, we both work full time. Needless to say, we are quite busy.

I love music! I enjoy most kinds (not into rap or "twangy" country -sorry). I usually listen to a variety of Christian radio stations. CD's...well, the list could just go on....it would take me all day.

Recent movies we saw were Blindside, Imagine That, State of Play, I hate Valentines Day, and Whiteout.

I have this thing about reading too many books at a time. I have been reading Becoming a Woman of Influence, A Jewel in His Crown, and I am starting Beth Moore's new book - So Long Insecurity. (if I could only figure out why I can't underline)

My "spot" on the team is to help gather information, implement, brainstorm, organize, advertise, communicate between team and partnering organizations, collect/purchase supplies, and deliver. In the future, I hope to go on a team to Haiti and help get a team from our church to go at some point.

I have been married to Jim for 15 yrs. We have a blended family with five children, which were all teenagers at one time for a bit! They are 27, 26, 23, 22, and almost 21. We also have one precious grandson, a son-in-law and a daughter-in-law. We had been very busy with kids stuff, but are now "empty nesters". That is the reason we have time for all we do. (Plus, I had a meltdown one day a few months after the last one went to college and cried to God asking what I was suppose to do NOW! Let that be a warning!! -lol) Loving this time of life with my hubby, family and friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment