Monday, March 29, 2010

Follow up to trip

Thinking back of our efforts over the past few weeks....
I learned a lesson as it hit me how we dreamed BIG, but then backed off in our meetings when physical supplies didn't appear rapidly. Plan A, Plan B, Plan C and so on.
I think it was good we decided not to purchase extra water here to ship. However, I think we shouldn't have downsized God's ability so much and stuck with the trailer plan and purchased the other tents locally.
I am not sure where the break down of communication was from the school. It would have been a lot less stressful to have known those supplies were going with us, before the day before travel. I am VERY thankful for what they provided.
Despite that obstacle and a couple others at the last minute, God saw us through it all. He answered many prayers! Prayers of laying it on people's hearts to want to help; bringing it all together; safety in our travels and no vehicle troubles, even as the one day we entered into an area where there were gangs with guns sticking out of their waists; the watching over of the trailer that no one stole anything; and our continued contacts with some of the employees of CVM.
I was so thankful for Stephen's help in driving!! 22 hours down and 24 back. I couldn't have done it on my own. Stephen, Bethaney, and I were blessed to enjoy some time together and also having the opportunity to visit her grandparents who live in Florida. They weren't able to make it for the wedding since her grandfather came down with cancer last year, so it was the first time Stephen and I met them. Bethaney also had not seen them for a few years. We enjoyed a day at Universal (gift from her grandparents) and a slight detour on the way home at Hilton Head beach for an hour to break up travel home.
I praise God for EVERYTHING HE did and continues to do.....now to pursue a team/trip. ;)
With Him for the Haitians,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment